For me and many others, every new year offers us hope of reinventing ourselves in some new way, shape or form. A new body, a new habit, a new experience, a new approach or a new beginning.
So, will you reinvent yourself for 2018 and if so how? It doesn’t have to be an epic overhaul, as I can imagine you are brilliant just the way you are. But if you are like me, I bet there are a few things you would like to see change, improve, transform and or evolve.
Self image is so powerful and it has the ability to make or break us.
Self image is about firstly how we view ourselves and secondly how we present ourselves to the world around us. What are you wearing, doing or saying? Do you promote positive thinking or over indulge in negative thoughts? It is so important to learn to love oneself, warts and all. Nobody is perfect and quite frankly striving for perfection is unrealistic and you will be setting yourself up for failure with another stick to beat yourself with, having fallen short yet again.
Create an image that you can be proud of and by doing so, will help others in their quest. The great thing about self image is that it can be restyled. Sometimes working from the outside in is an easy place to start and the rest will follow.
As a Personal Stylist I offer a Reinvention Service, this a where we review your lifestyle and your wardrobe. Our lives change, how we feel changes too so why not have a wardrobe that changes with you? Whatever you are experiencing, refreshing your style can really help you embrace it and celebrate where you are in your life right at that moment. My Reinvention Service allows us to work together and create a look to suit you now and give you even more confidence to keep you moving forward. Below is a breakdown of what you can expect:
- You will first complete a short pre-session questionnaire
- We will then start with a half hour consultation on the day to understand your lifestyle as it is now, how its changing and your plans going forward. I will also explain your best colour palettes and also discuss your body shape, so that you know what works best for you
- A 6 hour session (including a coffee morning and lunch)
- A presentation of 3 styles that I think could work best for you going forward, so that you can select your favourite
- A visit to up to 3 stores to test new styles
- Finally, I will create a Style Summary for you to take home that captures our discussions and my recommendations, so that you can refer to it post our session
So, for 2018 lets do away with unrealistic ambitions about what we think we should be like and lets learn to fully embrace ourselves. Let’s set goals that we can achieve, style a self image we can be proud of and lets be kind to ourselves when we fail because failure happens all the time, its where we learn the best and most important lessons.
Lets aim to be the best versions of ourselves this year. Maybe, for 2018 lets be brave enough to love ourselves for who we are, have the courage to challenge and change the norms, whilst being grateful for what we’ve got.
Here’s to our happiness, health and wealth for 2018.